Simulation Training Leader to demonstrate live AST certification using a simulator and introduces five new products in Canadian Pavilion booth C2.226-1
Montreal, QC, Oct 17, 2022 — Subject matter experts from CM Labs Simulations, a leading vendor for simulation-based training in the construction and ports industries, will participate in two key events regarding technology and certification at bauma, October 24-30, in Munich, Germany.
- Training for Worksites of Tomorrow at bauma Forum, Innovation Hall Bauma LAB0, International Congress Center Munich (ICM), October 24, 16:00- 16:30 (4:00 – 4:30): CM Labs’ subject matter experts Kevin Reiter and Alan Limoges will present Training for Worksites of Tomorrow. Reiter and Limoges will illustrate how simulation training can benefit operations and serve as an essential component of heavy industry workforce development. More details on the event are in the bauma Forum program.
- Live AST Certification: In booth C2.226-1, CM Labs will sponsor daily live operator simulator training, culminating with an AST (Arbeits Sicherheit & Technik) certification examination on Thursday, October 26 at 14:00 (2 PM). The operator will use CM Labs simulators to illustrate Germany’s Statutory Accident Insurance (DGUV) published guidelines approving the use of simulations for certification. An AST representative will supervise the live certification and document the process in the SafetyGO smartphone app. Watch this video to learn more about the use of simulators in operator training in Germany.
Also in booth C2.226-1 in the Canadian Pavilion, CM Labs will make an exclusive pre-release of several simulation products. The Telehandler Training Pack is designed to meet CE European machinery requirements and offers the ability to change fork and bucket attachments. The Excavator Simulator will soon provide an add-on training module for Grapple attachment.
In addition, attendees can experience first-hand three new product releases.
- Articulated Dump Truck with add-on simultaneous tandem exercise with the Excavator simulator;
- Trimble® Earthworks grade control integration for Excavator, Dozer and Motor Grader simulators; and,
- Compact Track Loader with live fork and bucket attachment change.
All simulations will be running on the immersive Vortex Advantage and the entry-level motion-enabled Vortex Edge Max, managed by the Instructor Operating Station (IOS). The IOS supports trainers with objective reporting on key metrics related to safety violations and efficiency, providing valuable insight into the operator’s true capabilities.
This insight is possible due to the accuracy of CM Labs’ exclusive Smart Training Technology™ embedded in its simulators. Comprised of proprietary and patented algorithms, Smart Training Technology results in training based on real data and real machines, delivering the most transferable operator skills anywhere, outside the real equipment.
Experience CM Labs’ new solutions at booth C2.226-1 in the Canadian Pavilion.
About CM Labs Simulations Inc.
CM Labs’ mission is to simulate the world to make operations safe and efficient, by connecting people, processes, and equipment design.
The company builds simulation-based solutions to help clients design advanced equipment and prepare for skilled operations. Through its Vortex Studio platform, CM Labs provides training simulators, simulation training software for heavy equipment operators, virtual prototyping, and testing capabilities.
Clients include OETIO, IUOE, Kiewit, Liebherr, Mammoet, Manitowoc, NASA, and over 100 other worldclass companies, OEMs, equipment operators, and trades training organizations.
Vortex® is a registered trademark of CM Labs Simulations.