In Vortex®, the contact material defines the behavior when two materials collide.
This section discusses the concepts of materials and contacts. It also explains the tasks required for using these in a scene and the best practices to ensure that you get the most accurate results when testing and validating mechanisms.
- For instructions on applying materials to a geometry, see Assigning a Material to a Collision Geometry.
Always decide beforehand which materials table will be used. If you do not select a materials table, the default one will be used, which may not be appropriate for the test simulation.
The following topics are covered in this section:
- Creating and Saving a New Materials Table
- Editing Contact Material Properties
- Setting the Default Materials Table
- Validating Material Interactions using the Grid
- Displaying Contacts
Vortex® Studio 2019b by CM Labs | Last update: 11:52 AM, 9/25/2019 — Release 2019.12.0.56 | © CM Labs Simulations Inc.