The Vortex Carry Deck Crane training module accurately reproduces equipment behavior based on actual crane load charts and other manufacturer specifications.
The following behavior is simulated:
- Movements of boom, winches, cables, sling, and hooks
- Picking up and setting down of loads
- Carrying, load swing, and collision with other objects
- Crane response to overloads
- Crane structure bending and cable/load dynamics
The Vortex Carry Deck Crane training module features the following:
- Full simulation of all major crane components such as boom, motion, cable/hoisting systems, and lift apparatus
- Full simulation of crane/load behaviour and physical effects
- Integration of actual crane load charts
- Touchscreen operator's console, including a Rated Capacity Limiter (RCL)
- Realistic 3D models of the crane, loads, and worksite
- Authentic crane noises
- Lift training exercises, including record-and-playback (for after-action review) and programmable faults
From the instructor's station, you can monitor the entire operation, insert mechanical faults, record student performance, and perform after-action review with the crew.
Learn more about our crane simulators.