Build real skills with Vortex heavy equipment simulators
On a single simulator, operators can train for a variety of equipment types, including cranes, excavators, dozers, wheel loaders, concrete pumps, and more. See our complete range of crane simulators here.
Key training features:
- Trainers can load multiple worksites
- Training for novices and advanced operators
- Add new machines or training scenarios at any time
- Available in configurations of 1 to 5 screens
Heavy equipment simulators for multiple industries and applications
Here's just a short list of some of the heavy equipment simulated by Vortex:
- Cranes: Tower, mobile, and lattice boom cranes based on actual crane models and with full controls and functionality; port cranes and shipboard cranes for simulation of crane dynamics, cable systems, load dynamics, lift operations, and ship/platform motion
- Construction: Concrete pumps and wheeled or tracked earth-moving equipment like bulldozers, backhoes, graders, and dump trucks
- Offshore: Knuckle boom offshore cranes; lattice boom offshore cranes; knuckle boom pipe-handler cranes; box-boom, gantry, and other lifting equipment
- Ports: Ship-to-shore (STS)/quayside cranes, rubber-tired gantry (RTG) cranes, straddle carriers, mobile harbour cranes, reach-stackers and top-loaders, dock and ship pedestal cranes, forklifts, bulk-material handlers
You can easily change from one type of equipment to another through the simulator's swappable control design.
For a full listing of heavy equipment simulators, or to learn more, call +1 514 287-1166, or click the button below to get in touch with our training consultants.
Sample heavy equipment training scenarios
All Vortex equipment training scenarios are geared toward specific machine types. The example below is adapted from the Vortex Mobile Crane Simulator User Guide.
Vortex Equipment Simulator scenarios are organized from easiest to most difficult:
Swing Hook Management
Boom Hook Management
Square Hook Management
Tire and Poles
Stacking & Unloading Blocks
Unloading Close to Power Lines
Unloading in Building
Beams, Blocks, and Truck
Blocks and Large Cage
Equipment operator trainees are scored based on a number of parameters, including elapsed time, fuel consumption, hook pendulum, alarms, and collisions (light/medium/serious).